Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Just a Little Thing

I learned the most helpful and delightful thing this morning over at Bad Alice's, specifically by following this link. There you will learn about virtual "stones"...represented like this:

(o)

which you can leave when you visit a blog. And why is this meaningful, you ask? Because sometimes I read posts that leave me commentless. Either there's too much to think about and I don't want to be hasty or it's just said so well that there's nothing meaningful to add. But, especially when I'm visiting friends, I like them to know I was there. I mentioned as much to Charlie in a comment recently, to which he replied that a quiet smirk would suffice. I believe he means this:

:o)

for lo, I've seen it often enough on his comments. But whether a smirk :o) or a stone (o) I am very happy to have some bloggy shorthand for those times when I'm neither sufficiently clever or sassy enough to leave a comment.



And also, apparently someone has declared this week "delurker" week, which means that those of you who come by but don't leave comments are invited to come out of the shadows of Blogtopia and say "hi". Or leave a stone. Or a smirk. Whatever. I know you're out there. "Delurk" this week, won't you?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

(o)

November 21, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I totally know who you are, "Mick et al". Hee. Now that wasn't so hard, was it?

November 21, 2006 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

i comment - albeit infrequently - so i dont know if i qualify as a delurker.
i do know someday i would like a nice "lorraine sampler" box with your infamous applesauce cake sent to me. then we would all enjoy a "lorrainefesta" and use words like hankie all day. haha.
happy pre-thanksgiving excitement day to you!

November 21, 2006 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I was going to leave you a stone, but since I live in a glass house it didn't seem prudent.

November 21, 2006 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

bisous

November 21, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Stacy, You are certainly not a lurker. You are also very funny. You get that from your uncle. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, too!

JP, I would never throw the stone at you. I'd lob it. Very gently.

Nicole, Big sloppy bisous back.

November 21, 2006 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hey, that`s an awesome idea. I love it! Virtual stones...

November 21, 2006 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

It just occured to me that I visit some blogs several times a day. If I left a virtual stone for everytime I loaded their page they'd think I was weird, or at least weirder than they already think I am...:P

November 21, 2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Aw, go ahead. We already think you're weird and we like you like that.

November 21, 2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger polona opined...

i can't keep quiet after an invitation like this :)
found your blog through charlie's (of course)

November 22, 2006 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home