Friday, March 31, 2006

Swift Boating Jill Carroll


Less than one day after her release, it seems that some people are upset with Jill Carroll. She's being branded as an anti-war, liberal mouthpiece for the Iraqi insurgency. The reason for this apparently lies in the fact that she claims her captors treated her well. This piece in the Washington Post is mild. For some real vitrol, do a Google blog search on her name. The right wing blogs are frothing at the mouth over this one.

Speech is free. If you don't toe the Bush party line, you pay extra.

4 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski opined...

Bushies make me vomit sometimes.

Lord, Lord, Lord.

Vomit.

March 31, 2006 4:02 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I'm holding your head, my friend.

March 31, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Yeah, this is already ugly. I guess she wasn't sufficiently distraught, frothing, and vituperative for the 'wingers.

I'll admit that the mildness of her statements on release surprised me, and I wonder if they were the product of intimidation, stress, paranoia, etc. We'll see what's up in the coming weeks.

Of course, the 'wingers can't wait that long to jump to conclusions, what with the record short attention spans and all.

March 31, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Lol. Wow.

March 31, 2006 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home