Friday, November 25, 2005

Friday After Turkey


General Observations:

Even if you do regular stuff on the Friday after Thanksgiving (like laundry and book-keeping) it doesn't feel like a regular day.

I am all for education but I think it is w-r-o-n-g to give kids homework over Thanksgiving weekend.

It feels colder when it rains. (I already knew that but seriously, it's freakin' cold right now and wetter than it has been in weeks).

I Really Like:
talking with The Child about grown up and growing up stuff. It's especially great at those times when I'm actually not the dumbest person on the planet.

when The Donald fires the right person. Martha, too.

having enough money to pay all the bills. Even better, I like going through the stack of bills and discovering that half of them aren't due until December.

when you have friends you trust to housesit and then you come home to a house that is just as clean as you left it and maybe even more so.

paying bills on-line. I used to be a real hold-out on that and I still write checks for big stuff like the mortgage because it makes me feel in complete control (even though it's all an illusion) but for sheer ease and convenience, that on-line bill paying thing really works for me.

when my sister remembers to make the cinnamon hard candy that I like. I also think it is really nice that The Spouse remembered to bring some of it home along with the toffee that he likes.

Things I'm Really Looking Forward To:

The Child coming home from her Day o' Fun with Godmom.

The Spouse coming home from his Day o' Work.

Going with aforementioned for pizza and then to the little neighborhood cinema to see (finally) "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home